Saturday, September 25, 2010

My last film "Amigo" coming soon



Synopsis:
An American invasion of a foreign country. A battle for hearts and minds. A pacification programme to quell an insurgency. Guerrilla warfare. Firefights. Sound familiar? Well, yes and no. Über-indie American filmmaker John Sayles winds the clock back to 1900 and the US occupation of the Philippines in his brave new film, Amigo. Sayles finds many parallels behind this little-remembered event in history and current events in Iraq and Afghanistan. As always, this most singular of directors provides a clear, lucid and dramatically compelling portrait and analysis of American colonization and the latent imperialism behind some of its wars.



Please come and watch the film "Amigo", directed by American director John Sayles. Fully shot in Bohol, Philippines. I line-produced this film before I left for Holland.This is the last production I was involved in the Philippines.
It showing now in Toronto, San Sebastian, London Film Festival and will be shown in the Philippines by February next year. I am very proud of this film as it was a full Filipino-American co-production. The director John Sayles and his wife/producer Maggie Renzi are wonderful People. Co-producers, Joel Torre and Mario Ontal were wonderful as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment